Happy March everyone!! Are you ready to trade the red and pink hearts for St. Patrick’s day crafts and activities with your kids? As the days get a little bit warmer and the sun starts to peek through these rainy days, I can feel my mood getting better and better. And I think it’s happening with my boys too. We’ve had some really good days over here in the past couple of weeks!
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and since Oscar came home with all of his February artwork I can tell his school is already moving on from the Valentines and hearts and candy. And so are we!
Last week I decided to try a little craft with BOTH kids, which is really a post in itself. It was a little crazy, but we ended up with two adorable little leprechauns so I am calling it a win! We made little leprechaun hats and they love them! I have a feeling we’ll be searching for that pot of gold all month. Maybe I’ll even buy a box of Lucky Charms. Who knows!
DIY Leprechaun Hat for kids!
I created the template below to make your own hats if you like. The instructions are on the 2nd page of the pdf and it’s super easy! This would also make a great class craft so if you are a teacher looking to St. Patrick’s Day crafts with your class, I think this would be great for any Preschool age and even Kindergarten.
St. Patricks day kids craft – leprechaun hat (click to open pdf)
More St. Patrick’s Day crafts
For more ideas, I checked in with a few of my friends to see what they have come up with. Check out these St. Patrick’s day ideas for crafts or even St. Patty’s day snacks and get inspired!
- Evolving Mommy has this cute hand-print four leaf clover craft that would be great for young kids.
- Better in Bulk created some adorable St. Patrick’s day printables (free) that would be amazing for little cards, a garland or cupcake toppers!
- A Parenting Production has a round-up of fun ideas for the holiday.
- The B Keeps Us Honest has these worksheets you and your child can do together
- And if you still want more, Feels Like Home Blog offered 10 ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your Preschooler
I want to see your hats!
If you make a hat I would love to see the finished product! You can link up a blog post here in the comments, link up below, or post it to the Lilkidthings Facebook Page. And if you have a St. Patrick’s Day craft to share, add it to the linky!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!